The schools play an important role in the overall development of a child. Their prolonged closure due to COVID 19 has created innumerous problems for the teachers, parents, students, and school administrations.
The government has announced the reopening of Educational institutions, in phases from 15thSeptember 2020. Higher education institutions and senior school classes will reopen on 15thSeptember 2020. We welcome back students of grade ninth onwards in the first phase.
The reopening of schools, prioritize the protection and safeguarding of children in school settings. It is also important to assure the parents about their children’s safety and protection in the premises. In order to cater for the ‘New Normal’ and to give confidence to the parents and students, following SOPs will be observed in school with special emphasis on social distancing:-
Readiness of School. The school administration has ensured the following steps:-
- Ensures multiple entries/ exits to avoid congestion.
- A thorough disinfection of campus prior to the arrival of students.
- Daily cleaning and disinfection of classrooms.
- Hourly disinfection/ cleaning of washrooms.
- Ensure proper disposable system of facemask, hand gloves and tissue
- Availability of sanitizers at selected place in the institutes.
- Display signs for preventative measures of COVID-19.
- Updated emergency numbers to be displayed in the admin office and prominent places at all times.
- Ensure that medical information of all students is up to date including medical form.
- Availability of Medical Officers.
- According to the SOPs up to 50% of students will be accommodated in the class by maintaining a distance of 1.5 meters in the seating
Classroom SOPs. Following guidelines are to be followed by all students:-
- Students have to wear a face mask in school and carry a couple of extra face masks in their bags, along with a small sanitizer bottle. The masks will also be available on a nominal payment in school.
- The students will also bring their own water bottle and lunch from home. The students cannot share food and personal items. No food items will be available in the school canteen.
- Students must stay in their seats and keep 1.5-meter distance from others in the classrooms, corridors and while using restrooms.
- All activities involving close contact of students have been suspended. Co-Curricular activities will be conducted either online or by adhering to safe distancing.
- Students will wash or sanitize their hands frequently.
- Students have to avoid congestion/ crowding at the entrance and exit
Scheme of Studies
- The school will follow In-person learning for students of grade ninth and
- The students of Pre-primary to grade Eighth will take their online classes as per stipulated timetables.
- Physical activities and sports that are not in line with the SOPs of social distancing of the Government and concerned authorities will not be conducted. For example, Morning Assembly, and outdoor sports will be suspended till clearance from the authorities.
- Assembly will be held daily in respective classes. Co-curricular activities will also be held either online or with minimum contact.
- Temperature of each child will be checked in the morning.
- No child or parent will be allowed entry without temperature check and face mask.
- Please cooperate with the vigilance staff present on the gates.
- Parents must provide safe mode of transportation, for pick and drop of their
- Please ensure that the transport being used is maintaining proper social distancing and disinfection during transportation.
- In case a private contractor is observed violating any COVID SOPs, he will be banned from entering DIs and the students of his vehicle will also be returned back.
Travel and Medical History
- Parent and student travel history to be recorded and shared with the school management.
- Please inform the school if child comes in contact with any visitors from
- Parent must inform school in case the child has any medical history of allergies and any other complication.
COVID 19 Prevention
- Please monitor your child for any symptoms of COVID 19. In case of any symptoms, inform the school immediately and do not send the child to School.
- Please take extra care of your child’s hygiene and diet.
Please remember that everyone is responsible in the fight against the pandemic. We are all partners and stake holders in this fight to protect ourselves and others around us. Please educate your children accordingly.
Looking forward to welcome you back.